Our four doctors are, along with all members of the practice team, entirely committed to the provision of healthcare of the highest quality to all our patients. We are based in purpose-built premises on Brook Street, near the centre of the village of Mitcheldean, in the eastern part of the Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire. The practice is included in the administrative area governed by NHS Gloucestershire.
The premises are suitable for patients with mobility problems and wheelchair users. Regrettably, there is no patient parking on site, though there is public car-parking nearby.
As well as the town of Mitcheldean itself, the practice area includes the outlying villages of Weston-under-Penyard, Pontshill, Hope Mansell, Lea, May Hill, Longhope, Huntley, Northwood Green and Elton. If you are interested in registering with us as a patient, please use the postcode checker via the link below to see if your address falls within our catchment area.
We offer the usual general practice services every weekday between 8.30am and 6.00pm (5.30pm on Fridays). In addition, the partners will carry out home visits when necessary, but we do ask that requests for these are made as soon after 8.30am as possible.
We now offer online appointment booking and repeat dispensing services.
A full repeat prescription service is available and all medication can be dispensed from our own on-site dispensary which is open every weekday between 8.30am - 12.30pm and 4.00 - 6.00pm (except Friday afternoons, when we open between 3.30 and 5.30pm).
A warm welcome is extended to all prospective new patients.
Rest assured that we will make every endeavour to:
- Treat you as an individual
- Ensure you receive the most appropriate care, administered by a suitably qualified member of staff
- Afford you every courtesy and consideration
- Ensure that every consultation is protected by our policy on confidentiality
- Be non-discriminatory
- Engage with our patients and note their feedback on services, implementing change wherever reasonably practicable/as necessary
- Offer patients appointments to meet their needs, with the most appropriate clinician
- Promote healthy living
- Offer specific advice to those living with long term conditions
- Deliver all referral to secondary care in a timely manner
All patients registered with the practice are allocated a named, accountable GP.
Please help us to help you:
- You have the responsibility to be considerate to other Patients and Staff
- You have the responsibility to respect other people’s property and that of the Surgery.
- If you cannot keep your appointment, please notify us promptly as someone else could benefit from your appointment.
- It is in your interest to understand your treatments and follow them as instructed by your Doctor or Nurse.
- Whenever possible, please do not request a Home Visit if you can attend the Surgery. The Doctor can see more people at the Surgery than at home and has better access to equipment and clinical tests. If a Home Visit is required, please try and contact the Surgery before 10.00 am.
- When ordering your repeat prescriptions, please allow at least two full working days (excluding weekends and Bank Holidays).
If you are thinking of registering with the practice or have any queries, please give us a call on 01594 542270.
Thank you for visiting our website.